There are a number of resources to help you identify external opportunities for research funding. In addition to resources provided through the individual Schools, the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations provide resources for external funding to support research across the Grounds.
Office of the Vice President for Research
- Research Development in the Office of the Vice President for Research curates a sample of current federal multidisciplinary grant opportunities that do not have an organizational limit on the number of submissions.
- Research Development also manages Limited Submissions Opportunities for the University.
- The Office of the Vice President for Research sponsors two funding discovery search tools, Pivot and GrantForward, which include tens of thousands of funding opportunities and can provide customized searches and email alerts. The University of Virginia Health Sciences Library maintains a set of instructions and tutorials for using Pivot and GrantForward on their Funding Discovery Tools page.
Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations
- The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations is a resource for UVA faculty and staff seeking funding from corporate partners and private foundations for research and outreach programs. They provide guidance on how to research funders and how to conduct a funding search.
Links to Major Federal Funding Agencies
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Department of Energy Office of Science
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education